Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Living with PTSD (Potentially Triggering Material)

Dear @Peri. Your words are kind and I believe you say what you mean. So thank you. 🌺 Not sure about holding my head high though, I feel downtrodden and ground into the dirt just one too many times by them.
Your hair sounds pretty, and I'm glad you are treating yourself with some self care. I hope it helps to make you feel good about yourself.

As for the weight loss. I've never carried excess weight, being what you'd call slim and petite. But during a particularly harrowing past 12 months I unintentionally lost a lot of weight, going from a healthy weight to being underweight. Much has contributed to that. So many personal drama's and pain over the past 15 months or so. I've spoken about most of it here in my thread over the past year or two.

You are so sweet to say I am important to you. To be honest I am running on empty when it comes to emotional energy. I will try to be gentle with myself, but its difficult to do. I am so full of self doubt right now too. But I promise I'll try. How are you doing anyway. This somehow ended up all about me, I'm sorry.

@nashy- Thank you for your message, as well as your compliment about my writing. That was unexpected. But I do find that my writing skills can be quite good when I am in an emotional hole. Which is why poetry comes clearer during those times. For me, writing is an opportunity to express myself. Something my psych has always encouraged me to do as a means of therapy, or of cleansing the soul I guess.

Current support? Ummm, I saw my psych a week ago. That was when she told me she was putting her clinical psych business up for sale, and things would change. That was very upsetting at the time. I have since spoken to her a couple of times via email, which she has asked me to do. She has tried to reassure me about her continued availability, but I am unable to get it out of my head that one day she will no longer be there for me. Thats hard, because there isnt anyone else in my real life. And I just cannot even consider having to go through everything with someone new. She is aware I experience suicidal thoughts. I dont tell her as such, but when she asks I am unable to lie about them. But for now, please dont worry, I know all the right numbers to call if I become too overwhelmed by my thoughts. They are strong at times, but I think I have a handle on them for now. Thanks for your concern however. 🌹

@Zoe7- I'm not sure at this stage what I need, or what is best for me. I do need connection to others, I know that much. And I am quite isolated in my current situation. I think I just need to see how I feel at any given time. Sometimes I feel I could write all day long about my feelings. Other times I clam up and dont want to say a word.

I really appreciate all those very generous words from you Zoe. You've always been so understanding and kind to me, and so many others. Right now though, I dont feel any of that. My confidence has taken a big hit, I feel so pathetic and with no sense of purpose. I am of no use to anyone here at present, it just isnt in me. I am in too deep myself to be able to even attempt to support anyone else. I fear saying something wrong, of hurting someone unintentionally. I've never been good enough, or at least I've never felt good enough. I try .. very hard .. but clearly, I fail a heck of a lot. When continually told by hubby and then by (supposed) peers that I'm useless and unworthy, then you do start to believe it. My confidence and sense of worth has never been at a healthy point I guess, so it doesnt take much to diminish it to the point of oblivion.

The love and hugs and kind thoughts are very much appreciated though Zoe, so thank you so much. I will get around to visiting you on your thread again soon. 🌸

@Starta- I have not heard from you in a while, I really hope you're doing okay. I will visit your thread again tonight to check in with you. I know you are busy during week days with therapy sessions etc, so do not want to inundate you with too many posts. Just know I care and am thinking of you. 💜

Sherry 💕🤗

It is so hard when those around you are diminishing your worth Hon - one can quite easily begin to feel the noise that they are making - but it is just that @Former-Member - noise. We know your worth here and will continue to tell you what we think and that is that you are valuable, caring, empathetic and just plain lovely - it comes through in your words whenever you write. As I said - I know it is hard to connect when you are feeling as you do right now but we are here for you - even if you can just manage to hit the support button - that little bit of connection is good Hon.

Standing right alongside you are encouraging you to believe in yourself in the really tough time Heart

@Zoe7 - I'm making mistakes!  I'm currently too emotional, and need to take a break.

Take all the time you need for yourself Hon - here for you when you need @Former-Member Heart

Love and hugs @Former-Member thinking of you ❤️❤️

Hello @Former-Member

I went down Tuesday night at dinner. They had the TV on a hidden camera in a nursing home showed something that must have triggered things that happened so me.... I went down so quickly I started to run but ended up in corner feeling trapped and reliving something...I ended up calming down with the help of a flourish worker. Then I went to bed and was given something to calm me down and sleep... On top of all that..Deebi is in trouble with her back..I think she will be operated on while at her brothers..I'm really scared for her..

I'm sorry about your psych..It a feeling of abandonment that it leaves us with...I hope that you can continue to go to the centre and get another good psych....

I'm up late is 2am..I got caught by the nurse on well my psych will find out...lol I think the psych even knows how many times I use the loo through the day...or maybe hidden cameras in the rooms or nurses and flourish are turning invisible and are following me with a tape and video recording....not sure how they know everything I do if a day....

I'm wo

Please take care lovely lady.. goes for all reading this..Starts.. 

I have little to say right now, but I have been writing a poem. I would like to post it here in recognition of all you good people here who have supported me in the time I've been here.  A little over 2 years now. Right now I dont trust myself to be here, and I feel of little use to anyone anyhow.  I just need a few days to sort out my head and my thoughts. I've been badly triggered this past week and its taking a heavy toll on me. Writing helps, and thats why I have been writing this poem. I know I am not mentioning everyone here, but you all know who you are.  @nashy @Lauz @Zoe7 @Maggie @BlueBay @Shaz51 @Faith-and-Hope @Peri @Starta @outlander and many others too. This is just the most recent members to post here. Some of you have been here for me since I first arrived.  You will never know how much you have all meant to me.  Thank you.  💕💕🌺🌺💜💜

Thank you SANE

How nice it is to have friends, here to hold my hand.

What a pleasure it's been, the honour of your company.

Always serene and supportive, I feel you understand.

Care is always taken, with my welfare in your custody.

When feeling vulnerable and in need the most,

I've spilled my heart and soul, into my thread.

Still you support me, and continue to post.

Over 2 years, so many tears I've unwillingly shed.

What a constant battle it always is,

when fighting this anxiety beast.

When therapy would send me into a tizz,

you were always there to pick up the pieces.

So you good people of Sane kept me going,

through the encouragement of you all.

Though many days felt like rowing,

up a rapidly flowing river in a squall.

I thought I'd caught a glimmer of light,

at the end of that long dark tunnel.

It gave me hope that I'd be all right,

and possible even, no longer stumble?

How sadly wrong I was,

as I quickly discovered.

The reason is because,

I've never really recovered.

Twenty two years ago, senselessly assaulted and raped.

I never knew what to do. Nowhere to turn, I suffered alone.

These are the feelings that here, I've sought to escape.

I had hoped, through the seeds of friendship sown.

I've been badly triggered over the past week.

It's taken a hit to my highly vulnerable psyche.

Worthlessness and sadness overwhelms me.

And I find myself on high alert, feeling flighty.

I wake in panic, fearing he's somewhere lurking.

I'm unable to catch my breath, my heart won't slow.

Why are the medications, no longer working?

After earlier signs of improvement, this is a blow.

It is alone and sad I feel, laying sleepless at night.

Floods of tears spill over, my limbs continually shake.

I don't know what to do, or even whether I'll be alright.

I know I need you, but I think I may need a short break?

Sherry Heart

So much of your heart and soul in that poem @Former-Member and it takes great courage to post when you feel like your world is imploding and the darkness taking over.

Take all the time you need Hon - we will be here for you when you return and thinking about you in the meantime. Hugs and love and all my thoughts are with you @Former-Member Heart

@Former-Member Heart Heart

Dear @Former-Member,

you take a break if you need to. Do what will help you .  You will be in my thoughts, and I will be waiting for you here.

Peri❤️

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance