Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: How do you do this?

hello @where_to
just checking in to see how your going?

Hey. Sorry.. I haven't logged into the account for a while.. I'm not doing well. Just self loathing heaps and I feel so silly for it because I know there is no reason to feel that way and I have important things to do which I am not occupying myself with because I am too busy hating myself. It's awful. And all the things I know would be good for myself (like going out, meeting friends) I cannot get myself to do. I don't want to go outside because I am feeling ugly and yuck. I feel as if people were able to see how disgusting I am feeling inside, as if it would show on the outside, too.. don't know what to do about it, though..
hope you are better yourself!?
Thanks for having checked in. And sorry again for the delay. It's shite, I know..

hello @where_to
thats ok, im sorry your not doing very well though. Have you gotten yourself some supports that you can talk to when your feeling like this? or tried any helplines at all?
Having MI can really muck around with our motivation and willingness to do anything. you dont need a reason to feel bad either, MH also has its way of rearing its head when we least expect it and often for no reason at all.

does anything help you to reduce these feelings?

hey @outlander - thanks for your reply. Sorry but whats MI and MH stand for? I do not really want to talk to anyone about it really I don't think. I just feel like it burdens people too much. Which seems unfair because if you think it through thoroughly that would include you, too, I'm just assuming since you have never met me it should be easier for you not to be touched by it too much. When I was a child my mum got really depressed and I've always just tried to kinda make her not commit suicide or do any kind of serious and bad sht.. and my sister I think she was anorexic.. another than that my friends know me too much as only the happy person as I said before, I don't feel like they could understand the depth of it. So basically I am just waiting for it to pass again and for the clouds to clear up. Even though sitting through the storm feels like the worst, I just feel like I am being such a revolting thing.. in a way.. I guess

I guess what I meant to say was that the only people I feel would understand are too down themselves and the ones who are not I don't feel would understand

Do you get what I mean?

@where_to

MH-mental health
MI-mental illness

sorry about that! yep i really get what you mean but your not burdening us here and im sure those offline would be ok to help too. our mental health often makes us think things that perhaps arent true. i struggle heaps with talking to people offline as well. 

that sounds really hard for you to handle on your own, its not wonder your struggling. please know that as hard as it is, you cant be responsible for all of that ok. 

let me have a look and see if i can find something that might help you.  

@utopia@Flying_Hams@Ant7might be able to give some other suggestions too. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance