Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Sharing the wisdom within

good morning @eudemonism@TAB@Former-Member@outlander@Hope4me

I hope that your eye is not infected @Former-Member...good that you are seeing a doctor today...let us know what the outcome is...

@TAB

Your work is hard physical labour which exacerbates your back...in turn your depression is nudged...reminding you that it is still in the background..

it becomes a parallel to the mouse on the wheel scenario...

@eudemonism@outlander@Former-Member

all of us here on this thread know the feeling of merrygoround let me off...

this does not diminish the intensity of each of our own experiences of pain...depression...

I find that it helps me to write about it though...

I also feel for those who are in pain also

sorry @Hope4me I am not sure if we have met or not...I do not know your story...I can say hello and include you in this supportive thread nevertheless...Cat HappyHeart

Trying to be a good mouse next few days @Sophia1 😀

Laugh @TAB

can you be good and impish at the same time....much more interesting

I have had years of practice...

when the dreaded dep is not around...the other anx not pestering me..I enjoy the impish in me..

I decided a long time ago I am not going to grow up...

how do others feel? @eudemonism@Former-Member@outlander@Hope4me

at least be wary of mouse chasing cats @TAB ...a bit of any oxymoron for you laugh

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Sophia1HeartWoman Very Happy

Heart@eudemonism @outlander @TAB @greenpea @Hope4meHeart

Good Morning, everyone Tagged, & maybe others, too!  🙂

Hi, Sophia, 🙂

I will be getting ready for my GP appointment soon, so I will make this short for now. I was ready what you wrote about not wanting to grow up, if I'm correct?

Well, when I was such a tiny little child, I would sit under the Gigantic Mulberry Tree, in our back yard (of 3 blocks), I would sit there as long as I could waiting for the Fairies to come, as I believed in Fairies Big time.  I would fall asleep for hours under the large out swept branches waiting for the Fairies.

I would make wishes, & believed for them all to come true, because I believed that the Fairies, would make them come true. One of my wishes, was that I would, not grow old, & never grow up!Woman WinkWoman Tongue

Until I had the accident, & seriousness of it all, & after all the pain, set in & then serious life changing surgery, that I've mentioned. I have always been, very caring, & loving, yet, most times, a, BIG playful Imp!Woman LOL

When I first joined SF, my Avatar, was always Fairies. I would change the picture, around to different looking Fairies, as much as I change my cloths, at times. I also played with members, & pretended that I was a Fairy to make them happy & giggle.

@TAB, thought at one stage that I was a computer programme. Hahhahaha, I was stunned that I had that effect on people, we had fun then, & @TAB @greenpea @outlander ,would get in on the fun with me, & we all played like children in SF would you believe. Awwahh!!!Woman Embarassed

Anyway, I must admit I'm not so much fun loving at the moment with all the pain, maybe one day I will get my child like playfulness back, as I do believe it's good for our health, to play sometimes. Woman Wink

I better go get ready now for the GP, talk again soon!

Love & BIG HUGS!

Bella xoxo   :)Heart

@TAB@Former-Member@Sophia1

@Hope4me@outlander

You know that song 'it can only get better ' ??? I hope that comes true for all of us... May be YouTube it.. it may lift your spirits.. it may even make yourself feel like dancing..

I use aloe Vera for any ailments i have Bella... or green tea...

Eude 

@Former-Member@Sophia1@TAB

@Hope4me@outlander

Feeling very drugged up and besides myself. Feeling very helpless. I'm trying to remain positive and optimistic. But hey. That can only get me so far. I'm backed up into a corner when it comes to my addictions & medications...

Hey @eudemonism,

Sounds like you are having difficult afternoon. It can be very hard to remain positive when things are feeling quite heavy to bear. I have sent you a quick email to check in. 

If you are needing some one on one support don't hesitate to contact one of the below numbers:

Lifeline: 13 11 14 or Crisis Chat

Suicide call back service: 1300 659 467 or online counselling

Samaritans: 135 247

If in immediate danger: 000

@Lauz it's not just feeling quite heavy to bear. They are indeed quite heavy bear. And who do i have to thank for this???

@eudemonism Yes you have had to BEAR or endure a great deal.

But wow your are almost becoming a party animal, it is almost like you have had a party on this thread.  I hope that part has been good for you.

Smiley Happy

I had appointment with son and doing lots with him today.

Tomorrow singing in Zulu and going to a movie. That is very social for me.

Heart To Y'all

Hello @eudemonism

There probably are not any words that come  anywhere close enough to soothe your pain..

I wish that I could do something or say something to help..

I now know that I have probably said too much in fact in the past at times when your struggles were overwhelming..

I want to let you know that I am reading your posts and taking in what you are expressing...

I want you to try and feel by those very actions that I am holding you...supporting you...staying with you...

Even when I have to be away from here at times I am still thinking of you and supporting you..

You are important...you are valued...you are loveable....you are courageous and yes you do have strength even though you might tell yourself otherwise...

big gentle hug whilst you are being held Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance