Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Daily Achievements!

..who knoes, didnt get notification @Glisten  just got myself a kitchen dresser looks like lol was looking last year then gave up over summer helping people deliver it 4pm tomorrow. was deceased estate like few hundred metres around corner fm here lol. thought I knew them, but didnt, but they said happy to drop if it off gratis, so will pay their top price at least

Nice! Well done @TAB Economical 

G

$100 @Glisten  its full height unit with display thingo attached to kitchen cupboard w couple drawers and , well, doors .. think 1950s wood, painted white lol

I want a photo @TAB of your new retro furniture. Probs worth a fortune lol

..not .. @Glisten 

1000020409.jpg

@TAB  ❤️ original handles.  You have yourself a wonderful piece of furniture and functional history. Right there.

Well done mate. Well done 👍🏼 

G

Didn't even occur to me @Glisten 

Thanks 😊

Hi @tyme and other forumites here. Thanks for the great and supportive comments regarding my post about calling aged care facilities as a way of sourcing my practical placement in leisure and health. I’m yet to start my placement as I have to go through the routine of undergoing an NDIS worker screening check at a cost of $128 - luckily my Tafe has agreed to pay for it. I just have to get some documents certified and then fill in the form online and wait for the result to come through which could take a few weeks to happen. If that’s okay, I’ll be able to notify my Tafe and the aged care facility and then hopefully start my 120 hours of placement. Depending on how many hours a day I have to work will depend on how long I spend overall at the facility as I’d like to only do 3-4 days per week as I’m not used to working full time hours. The facility is only 15 minutes away from my house so travel won’t be an issue as I’ll be able to Uber it there and maybe walk home in the afternoon, weather dependent of course being in Melbourne! I’m a little nervous about this new placement opportunity after the last one messed up but I’m equally confident that I can succeed as I know what to do after experiencing an aged care facility for 6 days prior. All I can do is get the paperwork done and arranged and then leave it to my Tafe to arrange the final details so I can start my placement and hopefully succeed. 

As for my achievements today, they are:

- Tidied up the kitchen 

- Worked on knitting a baby cardigan 

- Watched the 6pm news

- Helped my housemate with her Tafe assessment on alcohol and other drugs

- Spoke to my sister on the phone

- Ordered a sloth heat/cold pack online 

That’s all for me today. Keep up your wonderful achievements!

Take care!

Judi9877☺️

Not sure I slept much at all @Glisten  could be new meds dunno 

Rooms in tiny house are ..tiny.., so in visually planning route for new furniture going to have to move like 40 items from 

• Porch to access back door (turning room)
  • Laundry same
  • Ok and kitchen where its going

Sounds simple . Moved crap for 15mins and past back getting sore. Going back to bed. Will finish it later

@TAB  how did you go Tabby? How is the body feeling? 
Are they load barring walls? :hammer:  Quick renovation.

G

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance