Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Really struggling with sleep

I hope you are ok @Shaz51 

First shift at new job on Monday 

We are ok here @ArraDreaming , we might get cut off but my flooded 

Wow new job on Monday,  shift work or daytime 

Day time I am just casual @Shaz51  so not full time makes it easier with the kids as my partner works too 

That is good my @ArraDreaming you have a very important role to look after your sons xxx 

Yep and I haven’t worked since July so it will be a change for me 

It would be @ArraDreaming 

And when the boys are at school you will be able to do more 

Just had a panic attack coming out of Bunnings haven’t had one of those in months a very long time. I was waiting in this ridiculously long line they only had one check out open at 5pm on a Saturday afternoon and 4 self serve checkouts closed, the line was about 15 people deep, so I was getting impatient I was holding so much stuff and I could hear my phone going off in my pocket, I had our oldest son with me, it’s like everyone seems to need you when you don’t have the ability to reply to them, people messaging me who won’t shut the hell up everyone messaging me at once about stupid stuff, get back to the car someone decides the only car park they want is the one I’m standing in putting my son back in the car so of course they start pulling in signaling at me to hurry up, get back in the car, just want to sit down for 1 minute, sat down took a deep breath all I wanted was just one minute, just one minute of peace, because it seemed like everyone in Bunnings had no concept of personal space or like just getting out the way of other people and then old mate starts whining in the back seat (not his fault, it took so long waiting and he is tired) while I’m having my minutes peace to reply to these messages, remembered on the way home that I forgot what I went in for, I was in such a hurry to get out because I was feeling so overwhelmed (for no reason) that I forgot the bloody SPRINKLER, that is why I went.

Reading back on that it seems ridiculous it was more a feeling of overwhelm for no much reason they are all pretty typical ever day problems

@ArraDreaming  I honestly think I would have had the same reaction. It's okay to get flustered, and then even overwhelmed, and then end up in full blown panic, because too many things hit you all at once. Maybe they are all every day problems, but you don't deal with all of them at once every day, so it's okay to not be able to deal sometimes!

I struggle in crowded shops because of this kinda stuff too, so definitely not alone in that 💜

It is just complete overwhelm, all the people, trying to hold everything, waiting forever, a small child whinging in my ear, trying to remember if had everything, the phone going off, wondering If I have enough money in my account, Someone standing so close behind me I could feel their eyes staring into my skull.  and then it gets worse the more you get overwhelmed my mask started getting all sweaty I felt like I was on all hot, needed to get out of there and when I did, it got even worse, christ

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance