Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A Long Rave

Hi @Sophia1 thanks so much for your lovely message especially about my horse.  He was certainly a beauty - 17 1/2 hand  cob with feet like a clydesdale and like riding a rocking horse - so smooth and graceful.

Great that you are getting stuck into your new garden.  Sympathies re sore back - mine is still a problem after 2 weeks.  Seeing a physio for the first time later today.

And going by Shebah ride by myself - which is still a major achievement for me.

Hey @Mazarita just clocked your post.  How are you going this night?  I've had 4 sleeps already and am sick and tired of getting only an hr or so at a time.  So here I am.

Hi @Faith-and-Hope hoping you've sorted out your tech problems now.  And wow to all the spaces you've set up for art/craft work.  Enjoy your study break.

Sorry you are only getting an hour at a time of sleep, @eth. I imagine it might be not hearing about the birth of your new grandchild that might be making your sleep extra hard. Hugs.

I'm okay tonight. Have just been dealing with a couple of video admin issues which seem to be coming through thick and fast at the moment. Now is the only clear moment I've had to do that. Still have something that needs doing tomorrow if I can get to it.

He @Mazarita  Yes my sleep disturbance is likely largely due to anticipating bub's arrival but last night and tonight I've had bouts of extreme anger and lots of other feels about my mum, who shot her mouth off one too many times Tuesday night.  Asked me if I thought that by not gender assigning their bub at birth they are guilty of child abuse.  Brought up so much about her not protecting us as children and the time when she had my child babysat by a known pedophile (her step-son) and ..... and ..... and ..........

He @Mazarita  Yes my sleep disturbance is likely largely due to anticipating bub's arrival but last night and tonight I've had bouts of extreme anger and lots of other feels about my mum, who shot her mouth off one too many times Tuesday night.  Asked me if I thought that by not gender assigning their bub at birth they are guilty of child abuse.  Brought up so much about her not protecting us as children and the time when she had my child babysat regularly by a known pdphile (her step-son) while I was in hospital  and ..... and ..... and ..........

Just discovered another word we can't use here! @Mazarita

Wow, that is a lot of sh*t with your mum, @eth. I can understand how the issue of your granchild's gender assignment would be a delicate issue for you. Sounds like your mum goes in with heavy boots when she's got something on her mind. I'm guessing your son-in-law is your adult child's partner? Does that mean you are getting updates after all?

Hi @saturnzoon  feeling for you with all the dental stuff going on atm.  Hope the treatment isn't too traumatic for you.  I'm in the midst of a bunch of appointments myself so I hear you loud and clear.

Yes he's adult child's husband @Mazarita  Just the one update but it meant a lot to me that he rang me instead of just doing another group fb post.  And I told him about sil's mum and I coming down in october and staying in a motel together for 3 nights and he said excellent so that put my mind at ease some more. They've been saying  they don't want to see anyone for a period after bub comes so I feel more included that they are happy for me to come.

Mum is just bl00dy outrageous.  She has now alienated all 3 of her daughters.  I've told her not to communicate with me, she tried again since so I told her again.  Both psychologist and psychiatrist yesterday said it's important this time to not just want boundaries, but to put them in place and stick to them.  And of course mum emailed sil immediately after I hung up on her.  Full of sh&t and totally blind to what she's done.  My kid and their partner have a beautiful relationship and are totally devoted to each other and their child (now 4 1/2) and anyone who knows them knows they are excellent parents.

When she said it she floored me and the real pure anger I felt afterwards was massive.  She's opened floodgates in me but I know there's absolutely no point in trying to work through it all with her.  I just despise her right now and think she's an absolute c-word.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance