Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Am Not Coping

Hi again @Poppyfriend543 sounds like you have had an okay day and now catching up with some friends - that all sounds really positive Smiley Very Happy

Hi @Faith-and-Hope@Zoe7@Poppyfriend543@outlander@Appleblossom

Yes, popping in and out of the forums, things are a bit weird at the moment but I'm sure they will improve.  Have been doing more decluttering and trips to the charity shop.  I guess sometime this week I will attempt to vacuum the house and then maybe get around to shampooing the carpets as I've been moving furniture around.  Happy with some of the smaller stuff I've been doing....baby steps with what I'm trying to achieve.    I think my mind goes into overdrive if I think of all the stuff I "need" to get done.  And that's what gets me into trouble.  Hope everyone is having a good and peaceful day.  Heart Heart

Hi @NatalieS lovely to see you pop into this thread and even more lovely to hear you are getting things done and doing ok today.

I have been putting off doing the housework all week - the beginning of the week was extremely busy and the last night I was a bit teary but I have let myself rest today and am feeling a little more settled.

I am planning on chilling out in front of the tv tonight to watch footy and then try to get to sleep earlier than last night and then tackle some of that housework tomorrow.

Hi @@Poppyfriend543
Nice to meet you. How are you

Hi @NatalieS
How are you . Nice to meet you

Hi @Zoe7
Just checking to see how you are this evening i know last night and todays been tough

I am doing okay tonight @outlander - thanks for checking in Hon. Last night was incredibly hard and I know that it is going to hit me again - loss is hard to deal with and it doesn't matter if you know it is coming or not it is still hard. Been a few really nice things said today and that has brought on the tears again - a bit emotional all day but I think I have managed to get through it by letting it all happen and not trying to block it all out -. I am going to settle back on the couch tonight and watch my footy team play - don't expect a win but that doesn't matter!

How are you doing tonight?

i have been following but am abit short on words @Zoe7 but i do agree with others, youve made a real difference here. i seen you got to chat to F&H this morning too.
No your right, even when you know whats coming i dont really think we fully prepare, we are human after all.
Letting things flow and watching the footy sounds like a good idea. has Toby been keeping you company today?
im okish, just letting things flow too.

It is always a better day when I get to chat to F&H @outlander - she is very special to me Smiley Very Happy

I tried to cut Toby's hair this afternoon but the little bugger just wanted to play so I gave up lol i will give him his bone tomorrow and try again - hopefully that will occupy his brain long enough to get the job done. He also desperately needs a bath but it is far too cold atm - I might have to raise the heater temperature tomorrow to do that too but I will see how I am travelling first. 

...and Yes he is right beside me fast asleep Heart

Glad that you are at least okish - that is better than you have been for a couple of days so that is positive - I would take okish atm too!

i know she is @Zoe7 im missing some of my forum friends atm too. its good when we get to talk to them though.
a bone sounds good, not everything means play lol.
of course, where else would he be...
do you have any plans for tomorrow?

okish is better, im not complaining about that!
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance