Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: rough time

I'm sorry @outlander, you must be exhausted hun, hopefully you can rest today.

Have my psychologist today but that is all for me

Yes @Snowie i am and whatever is happening internally is progressivly getting worse and is making life alot harder esp the past month or so. Its a rest hopefully sleep with bbt on today.

Hoping your appt goes well for you today. Will be around so if you need some company or a chat just give me a shout ❤

@outlander Good morning lil Sis. Not good no sleep. But good you can have rest day. Maybe you'll nod off for a while.

Morning sis. ❤ I very much doubt it but a rest would be good @Sans911 too yukky to move today. I hope its a good one for you though. Youve lots of things to do today.

Thanks @outlander, hopefully it goes ok today. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hey there @outlander. Sorry to read you're still not getting any satisfaction from your gp. That sounds odd to me. Any chance you can see a different gp for a second opinion? Or are you satisfied enough to go with what they're saying for you to do for the time being? 

Remember to eat a little, and to drink water regularly, won't you - we sometimes forget that stuff when pain and yukky feelings get in the way. Heart

Glad your pop is seeing options for his own situation now too, that will take a slight bit of load off you. 

Some things are moving forward for you, hon. Maybe you can catch forty winks somewhere unusual. In days gone by, I used to park the car where it was easy to see, and sleep for 15 mins waiting for the kids to get out of school. 

Feel better soon. Heart

Former-Member
Not applicable

IMG_20171123_093926.png

@outlander, pace yourself, a lot of us are struggling this time of year,  you're not alone in that but we do need to self care ourselves to strength. With Drs,  i felt like you sometimes,  brushed off & treated like a hypochondriac (can't spell), so i googled "average dr visits" Australia was x7yr (about every 2months) but Sweden x3yr (once every 4months). So despite how i feel i try hold my breath to just over every month.  We always have the option of calling 000 if we crash lol - then they take us seriously - such is life lol They forget we're more than flesh & blood sometimes.  

Sounds like you really care about your pop,  and in a similar position to me caring for my dad.  Its ongoing. I cope by having little breaks / laydown through the day. 

Hugzz ❤❤❤

IMG_20180430_190508.png

evening @Former-Member 

i honestly dont know what to do. it took me a while to find this gp who is usually good. shes probably sick of me too, i would be. for now, ill stay with her, maybe she will be ok the next time. half the time i dont know whether to go, she doesnt really help when it comes to mh stuff anyway but then i have the psychiatrist saying i should be going weekly. i dunno. 

yeh ive been drinking more water to help kidneys atm as well as having the sustagen suppliment and smaller snacks when i can manage them. thanks for the reminder though as it is one of those things that are forgotten. 

i dont really sleep in the day, think its my body clock abit with the daylight. was ok at home though, didnt really do a great deal. ignoring my feelings, just had enough of them atm so ignoring is best for today. 

thank you Heart

evening @Former-Member thank you for the pics, i love the flowers. they are really pretty. 

im honestly not surprised my gps sick of me, im sick of me. i dont really like going there as she isnt all that helpful, only when i cant keep myself safe but usually by that stage ive stopped caring anyway but her usual thing is to brush it off unless i meantion suicide. sometimes im not sure what to do. i know i need supports but sometimes i think ive got the wrong supports- does that make sense. like ive got my gp and psych and psychiatrist but they arent really supportive anyway they are just kind of there. 

yep, i do love my pop. it can be really hard being a carer though. sometimes (and i feel awful for saying it or even thinking it) but sometimes i wish i wasnt shoved into all the caring roles so that i could be a kid or a teenager and go learn new things but ive been a carer for a while on and off even as a young kid i was always protective of siblings because of my own stuff, then nan part time through school, and pop and i guess everyone else too. maybe thats my fault too.  i guess we can only do what we can hey. live each day as it comes and do our best to just keep coping

hugs to you too Heart

@Snowie@Sans911@Former-Memberand everyone.

the latest little painting- not the greatest but kept me occupied for a while. need to work on symmetry and also getting a steadier hand! 

20180502_193647.jpg

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance