Skip to main content
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: LBGTIQ+ Social Space

Hi @Former-Member 

I hear you! I used to wear suits to work and it was a nightmare to find something I liked. I didnt know that I was looking for I would now say 'gender neutral' clothes. I like dark colours, either plain dark blue, dark grey or black, or pinstripe, all on non-shiny material, something with a natural look & preferably a bit 'rougher' & heavier material 😂 so this is my fashion statement, I have no idea how to describe it. Anyway, suit jackets & pants with straight cut, suit jackets not too short, but I don't like the long long look, I have jackets below the hip.

The biggest challenge is where to find suits. Try a department store, on either end of the price tag. Have a look at the work / business ware, or suits. Have patience and go with your gut. I found autumn, winter wear better as the material is heavier, you might be able get some in the sales.

Let me know how you go 🧡 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Former-Member 

That sounds like what I'm looking for too...I guess fit is my biggest issue because women's ones have just never worked for me...I'm wondering if a men's blazer would be the way to go but I suspect it won't work either.

A suit would be great but suit pants (or any pants really) is also really hard for me because I'm very slim on the bottom half but I don't like to wear straight pants (I like bootcut or wide leg but with wide leg pants it often looks quite baggy in the back because I don't have any curves...or they slide down my hips) *sigh*

I'll try looking at a department store, that seems like maybe they'll be good material and less likely to be "fashiony" (because the shoppers are a wider age scope)...I've also really struggled to find things that aren't polyester (cheap and pricey)..I just really don't like how polyester feels on my skin and I feel like it smells weird haha

Maybe one day I'll have enough money to get something tailored...it's less about the blazer looking gender neutral and more about how I look in it I guess, if that makes sense...I just have a body that seems to look very 80s wall street any time I put one on! (Shoulder pads are a big problem for me.)

Hey @Former-Member  I just googled gender-neutral clothing and lots of links come up.  This is just one of them :  https://www.thegoodtrade.com/features/sustainable-gender-neutral-clothing

Good luck with the hunt.  I'm sure you'll find something if you google it yourself.

Former-Member
Not applicable

xoxo hey. Anyone out there? Need some help. Feeling bad on my own x

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hey @Former-Member how you going? Heart We are here to listen.

hello and hugs @Former-Member , @outlander , @Former-Member , @eth@Schitzo Heart

Hello @Shaz51 I hope you have a great evening xx

🤗🤗🤗

quiet night @Schitzo , how about you xx

we are going to watch 73 tonight

hello @Shaz51

@Former-Member hope your going ok now

@Shaz51 Quiet night here also, I'm keeping my sister company while she is studying 🌻🌸