Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Intense anxiety

@CheerBear I have been to the dr plenty of times nothing wrong completely fine 

it is really scary and I know it is anxiety because at times I’d be absolutely fine then the next I’m feeling sick like I’m going to pass out etc 

what triggers it is I’ll get a symptom eg dizzy 

and then I’ll focus on it too much then I freak out 

I just don’t know how to stop these symptoms from happening? 

I’m definitely going to try medication,yoga ect as I can’t keep living like this 

I should mention I have health anxiety so that might explain to you guys why I focus so much on my symptoms 😢

Good to hear that you have spoken with a Dr @Jaz5. I understand how it can be difficult to focus on anything other than those symptoms.

As far as stopping them from happening goes, I feel like that's the kind of thing that addressing what's driving them may help with. Is it too much stress, is there a particular worry that triggers the inital reaction inside, is there a pattern to when it happens - those are the kinds of questions I might look at when trying to work out what is causing the anxiety.

I have struggled with trying to not have anxiety. I think it's more helpful for me now to try and live with it rather than fight against it. (I'm not sure if I've written that well so it might not make sense.) I wonder whether it might help you to think in a "how can I work with these symptoms when they happen" way, rather than "how can I stop this from happening". Maybe you will find that the more confident you feel in your ability to manage, the less the symptoms happen.

In saying that, it makes a lot of sense that symptoms would be a huge focus for you and really worrying, when you live with health anxiety. That must make it extra hard, sorry to hear 🙁

From memory, @outlander also lives with health anxiety. I wonder if you have any tips or ideas for Jaz5 outlander?

hi @CheerBear yeah i suffer from it.. 

@Jaz5heres a few resources that you might find helpful. there quite abit of reading but also strategies etc that might be helpful... 

http://www.anxietyaustralia.com.au/anxiety-help/health-anxiety/

http://www.cci.health.wa.gov.au/resources/infopax.cfm?Info_ID=53

@Jaz5 Maybe go to gp and do that test re anxiety but yes exercise can really help. I’m not doing any atm and paying for it re stress

Thank you everyone for trying to help @outlander I will have a read through these I will try whatever I can to help 

I’m definitely getting back into exercising because that did help me last time 

thanks again @CheerBear @TAB@outlander 👍 had a better day today with minimal symptoms but I managed them ok I don’t know why I can’t do that all the time lol

Outside factors/learned stuff maybe As I said before my ‘game face’ has disappeared/was shot down by overbearing person at work recently. I know they do it because they have no confidence in their skills ok ones that matter, but it got to me. Self care helps.or confidence from doing something often so it just doesn’t even get to worry levels it just happens. Glad you felt better today @Jaz5 don’t question it when it doesn’t happen maybe. Perhaps question it when it does..

i hope something in theres helpful @Jaz5 the second website is quite big and has lots of reading things. try to work through just one module at a time otherwise it might overwhelm you..
im glad you managed ok today, some days are better than others thats for sure
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance