Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Is there anybody out there (wanna lend me a hand)

@tyme I'm all about hugs right now so thank you.  Yes my poor pets have all been the ones who have sustained serious damage.  Mums funds have been drained dry at times trying to fix them up and give them good lives (which is t

he situation I'm in now) but these two haven't really had a stable mummy for a while but they've adjusted to her craziness.  Mummy not sleeping is a chance for extra food.😅🤣😂

Hope you're travelling OK.  Appreciate the input and the chance to just say it how it is.  My health issues mental and physical are simply too much for many people.  I sometimes overshare and get criticised.  Generally though I'm a private person and well on the basis of everyone else does it sometimes I decide to demand some attention.

Actually, before I started as a peer worker on SANE, I had my own MH struggles. People would run away from me. I used these very forums because they are anonymous and I felt safe in sharing. It really helped my MH. @Radarears 

So much so, I'm still here and things couldn't be better. But it took a lot of time to work on healing.

I hope you find the forums a safe place to share. If there is anything that doesn't align with guidelines, moderators will email you and work with you to modify the post. This may be around posting too many details about something, etc.

Whatever it is, we hope you continue to connect with us.

@tyme thanks yes the forums help.  I've been severely punished for making very small mistakes and am technologically challenged so I get a bit scared of "falling foul of the system".  I'm busy getting myself out of the habit of having to explain myself.  It's ingrained thanks to the mh experts and the demanding diva former friend.  I call it the Paulune Hanson.  So do please be patient with me.  I'm finding that the forums are helping me balance and regain a sense of perspective.  

Absolutely okay. We all go at our own pace. There's no right or wrong. It's important you feel comfortable. 

What's good is that if you don't feel up to responding or you don't feel safe to respond, you can step away and leave the post. You are not commanded to respond if you don't feel up to it.

Some people may not read responses for weeks or months, and that's totally okay too!

Take your time hun @Radarears . 

@tyme thank you.  I have a tendency with just about everything to go OTT and be prolific then lose interest and find something else   however I come back to them again when I need to  

@tyme et al

Had a "pdoc" appointment this arvo and still trying to settle myself down and get some rest from the turmoil in my brain.  

I'm trying out different things to see what if anything will assist with the processing and transition.  Using electronic communications seems to be useful but some nights setting up a text dialogue with a friend isn't what I'm in the mood for.  So I'll just share here.  It was the first in person appointment in several weeks and phone in between.  But we both agree that in person is very important.  However she was very impressed with my trick I taught my cat.  My video and editing skills are non existent but he's learned to beg for a treat biccie.  He clasps my hand with both paws and sits up on his hind legs.  He is a cat not a dog so he has to be in the mood but it's still fun.

Awww @Radarears , 

That's awesome to share! That must be so rewarding to do!

My niece taught her dog to sit yesterday. The dog is only 7 weeks old. 

Certainly, the power of pets that brings us those priceless joys.

Well done to you!

@tyme it is.  Very rewarding.  7 weeks is impressive.  Your niece either has the knack or it's a kelpie😅🤣😂 

Lol.. @Radarears .. neither.. .she's used up all the dog treats and my sister was fuming! LOL

😅🤣😂😅🤣😂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance