Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: HAPPY NAIDOC WEEK

Because in the link you sent, there are two words for the one thing - one a female says it, and one a male says it. So I thought it was for male and female @ArraDreaming .

Can you speak it fluently?

Ohhhhhhh I thought you were talking about pronouns @tyme
like if the word he/she is different to each other.
But to answer your actual question
I’m not sure.

And no absolutely not, I grew up not learning about any of this, had very little connection to culture until I was old enough to do my own research pretty much. Always known I am Aboriginal not given much of an opportunity to learn about it as a kid in fairness we were in survival mode so learning about culture wasnt even a thing.
Which is why I want my kids to learn from a young age so they feel that pride and excitement, not shame, guilt and the unknown that comes with it.
But also to be a strong ally. my family make up means one of our boys is not First Nations but he is the strongest ally and wants to learn about culture that his younger bro (and one to come) and dad feel so connected to which is why it is special to me that has picked up so many words in language 

Hi @ArraDreaming 

I actually watched a story on Netflix yesterday ‘in my blood it runs’ it was really eye opening. The 10 yr old that it’s  on is an ‘Arrernte’ person.

Your boy not be First Nations by blood, but he sure sounds he is First Nations by heart @ArraDreaming .

As I learn more and more about First Nations, my heart really grows fond of culture, the language, connection with nature, the dreaming. It is such an incredible journey.

It's so incredible to be able to share this with you.

Oh that’s great @Captain24 thanks for sharing 😊😊

I’m a Wiradjuri person. But to be totally honest I don’t really know much about it. @ArraDreaming. I’ve been to a few sites in the area but never really went any deeper. Maybe I should. 

This app is a lot easier then that site, I have found especially with kids
@tyme https://www.indigemoji.com.au/emojis

Thanks for sharing @Captain24

Last night my partner and I watched the Adam Goodes documentary - a hard watch at times but would recommend, whether you are footy minded or not its about more then. That

It's excellent @ArraDreaming 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance