Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useful resources

DJK
Casual Contributor

Anyone used "Hellodoc" the online patient-psychiatrist matching making service?

They're an online aggregator playing a match-making role between patients & Telehealth Psychiatrists (founded in 2020). My GP suggested a particular doctor who's available through them however that isn't their business model/how they operate. Rather your GP completes an unnamed referral directly on their site, which includes more details than the average referral (e.g., boxes/fields for all hospitalisation, risks like suicide, request to upload additional documents etc).

They 'triage' your needs based the details provided by the GP & "match" you with a Telehealth Psych. Which means you can't preselect a doctor & your overall success is based on the quality & level detail provided by the GP. 

The vast majority of Hellodoc user reviews in forums like reddit are awful (bad service, expensive, money sucking scam etc). I fully appreciate that any online-only business is by default subject to the whims & rants of online users, but the negative feedback is consistent.

I was surprised alternatives weren't being offered in the reddit threads. There was one mention of "Access Telehealth" for people living in remote places & one for "eMindAlly", who also have bad reviews along with a broken website & incomplete LinkedIn profile. And I couldn't find anything here on SANE.

What am I missing folks?...

(Before I go back & tear another shred off my GP. Clearly she didn't even click on the Hellodoc homepage. Her ability to repeatedly waste my time & money with the most useless referrals would be comical if it were funny. Last week (mid Nov) she charged be $135 for a referral to a psych who permanently retired in Jan(!) along with 6 other completely useless null & void referrals & suggestions. I'm forced to turn up to appointments with my laptop & 'Psych Availability & Variables' tracking spreadsheet. I should charge her for it). 

1 REPLY 1

Re: Anyone used "Hellodoc" the online patient-psychiatrist matching making service?

Interesting @DJK 

I just had a quick look and can see zero positive reviews!

I would be letting your GP know.

Hanami

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance