Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

@CheerBear, good for you doing the scary driving. I'm very impressed by that as I don't drive at all anymore. Fantastic that your friend person can now be home for their ongoing treatment. Sounds like an extremely productive day you succeeded in pulling off. Smiley Happy

I've been sleeping most of today. Just woke up again. Great news this morning, but I'm still recovering from illness. There's nothing more going on than that, I don't think, just fragile with things as I'm getting older and takes longer to recover. Hoping for a more wakeful evening (but not too wakeful I can't go to sleep tonight).

Hi @eth, feeling you under the like button too. Smiley Tongue

How's your day going?

Hi @greenpea  very sorry to hear about S1's diagnosis.  It's no wonder you're feeling down about it.  Really hope it's under control soon with diet and meds that aren't too heavy.  @Mazarita will be a great support with her lived experience of the same illness I'm sure.

Hi everyone else @CheerBear @outlander @PeppiPatty @Appleblossom @Mazarita  @Exoplanet 

I vaccumed the big house, got on the exercise bike and then spent some time adding colour to a self-portrait I started this time last year.  Felt really good just to get into that mindful space and quiet my mind.  

Hope this afternoon is peaceful for you all.

Thanks @Mazarita - I know anxiety around driving is a thing for a number of people here. It's something I have worked really hard on trying to over and challenge and sometimes I have a win with it. I felt panic trying to take hold and managed to practice some cool new tricks and they really helped 😊

It is great news for person in hospital. Not totally great news for the one who has to look after them though. It's a relationship with lots of tension and unhealthy dynamics, of which I have been caught in between for my life. Being sick increases behaviours that I find extra difficult to tolerate and accept (particularly recently), that hurt the other person a lot. It's that complicated stuff. I'll support from a distance a bit more for the next little while, and from a selfish perspective that's not a bad thing.

Big hugs for your recovery from your illness. I read over the last couple of pages and you have been knocked about. Is C home this evening?

@eth, go you! So good to hear you finding some mindful, calming activities after anxiety. Smiley Very Happy

@CheerBear, glad you are taking a step back. You have a lot to deal with as it is. C just walked through the door as I read your question about whether he'll be here tonight. Yes! He's just about to make us a fruit smoothie.

I'm going to go offline again to spend some time with him now. Good to see you both this arvo. Heart Heart

Sounds like a pretty good day @eth! Have you worked on your dreamcatcher recently?

Hope you and C have a great evening in each other's company @Mazarita. Enjoy the smoothie (and the go Maz feels! 😁)

On you @eth with getting active and practical help for  bro and sil. Smiley Happy

I am most glad you got into a painting headspace.Woman Happy

@Mazarita  Yum smoothie.  We had a good night out last night. Going to a crowdfunded CD launch tonight.  Totally brilliant musician and composer.Smiley Happy

Hi @CheerBear @outlander @PeppiPatty

Hey @CheerBear  you have been really strong lately supporting your ill friend  Good on you for taking a step back for self-care.  I'm sure you'll still be there for them when they need you, but you have to look after yourself and your family.  They say we have to give from an overflowing cup, not one that is already depleted.

A couple of weeks ago I wove the webs in my dreamcatcher (2 rings) and put some little pieces of turquoise in the centre of both rings.  Last week I bought leather thongs and beads to hang the feathers but haven't done it yet.  Maybe tomorrow.

Tonight I'm going to have another fire in the fire pit in the veggie garden as long as the wind stays away.

Hi @Appleblossom  just coloured pencils and textas today.  I'm not at all confident painting.  My drawing is quite childish I think but it's representing me with a few symbols and words written around it.  My Running Deer persona - lots of stories there.......

Thanks @eth ☺ you're very right - there's only so much we can give and I, like everyone, can't give on empty. I find it so hard sometimes to not jump in and do all the things, but the memory of being completely empty only a few weeks ago is still well and truly in my mind and I'm making it a priority not to get back to that place!

Your dreamcatcher sounds so gorgeous! I wonder if it is something that we may be able to see here (very much respecting that it may not be). Love hearing what you get up to and enjoy doing. I've caught descriptions of where you live (the cabin) and have a very cool image of it in my mind. I'd love to live in a little cabin when I'm older. Mine would have lots of cats and yarn in it 😁

Hope you have a really enjoyable evening too @Appleblossom

Sneaking in a big hi and plenty of these 💗 @Teej - been thinking of you heeeeeaps.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance