Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

thanks @CheerBear just dont say i sent you, i just think she would appreciate some company from others (that includes anyone reading too)

how are you going? are LF still on holidays? how are you going after your respite stay?

It feels so weird talking quietly on an open forum @outlander haha! I can feel your giant care though ❤

I'm OK thanks. Busy, trying hard to make sure I stay OK, lots happening (always lots happening) but coping well enough I think/hope. I am trying all kinds of new and old things, joining groups, new counselling and support stuff, a new friend etc. Sometimes it's been a bit overwhelming but for the most part it's good. The kids have been back at school for a week ☺

How are you going?

yes it does @CheerBear but i always worry about my forum fammily and want whats best for them. i dont have as much experence as others here so different point of views/convos never go astray. Heart

im glad your ok for the most part, i wouldnt expect anyone to be 'cured' but going better is great! it really sounds like your trying your best though with all these new things your trying out. i read somewhere about your new friend, i hope that is going well... and also did i read you were looking at an art group and/or womens group? im not sure if that was you or someone else so forgive me if ive got that wrong!

i can imagine its abit easier with kids at school too, whilst we love them they can be abit overwhelming too (not that they mean too)

im ok enough for now, havent been so good and have been laying very low the past few days but today has been okish and thats good enough for me.

hows your weekend going?

You have heaps of experience @outlander and you care a lot. That care is what matters so much 💗

Yeah cure is not something I expect, at least not for a loooong time. Learning to live the way I want maybe, but there's no "fix" I think. New friend is going well thanks 😊 He makes me laugh lots and he's super energetic (even more than I can be lol). It's nice getting to know him. And yep - I start a women's arty group supporty thingy this week. You've done well to remember!

Sorry to hear you haven't been so good. You juggle a lot and I imagine it's hard to get a break from the worries sometimes. Is it the end of school holidays from this week?

Have you got much on for.the rest of the weekend?

thanks @CheerBear Heart

its really good to hear theres some improvements though. learning to live the way you want or learning new ways to live is great.
thats really great to hear- geez hes not the energizer bunny to is he but its great to hear he makes you laugh and perks you up. sounds really exciting with the supporty group thingy. i hope youll be able to amke some friends and have some more supports around you too.
yeah its hard to get a break, thought i may end up in th ed but havent gone there yet, it wouldnt work well for me cant handle the family dramas when that happens! the kids go back on tuesday here. ive had them for most of the school holidays but they have been pretty good esp snce i havent really done anything with them.
i have siblings and work but thats about it. nothing all that exciting!

Hi @CheerBear@outlander@Teej@eth@Appleblossom@Exoplanet@Shaz51@PeppiPatty, everyone, have enjoyed reading your chat. Wishing all a relaxing end to the evening. Heart

hi @Mazarita hows your day been?

Thanks @outlander 😊

I wish I could build a bazillion break places - so many people here could benefit from them I'm sure. I think it could be a really great option for reset when you're in the space that it sounds like you've been in, especially when hospital doesnt work so well for you with your family. It's hard to not be able to get a break (from life/stress/thoughts etc.). Good to hear siblings have been OK though. I hope things are a bit easier when they're back at school.

(He's super energizer bunny times a million haha 😁)

It's been really nice to catch you tonight Outlander ❤

Hey again @Mazarita 😊 Hope smoothie and C were/are good

thank you for doing that too @CheerBear Heart

they dont support me mentally at all. there is a break place near me. they call it more like a short stay place. like your break place but only there for a maximum of 3 days (not including the weekend) i cant even go there it jsut causes so much trouble for me its worse coming out and being there then trying to stay out which really defeats the purpose of a break place doesnt it!
its been nice catching you too, it feel like forever Heart

It's so hard when people close to you aren't supportive of your MH @outlander. Wonder whether it may be worth any of your Drs or support people trying to talk with your mum and family.

I can see how much trouble it can be and how it could feel and be harder in ways when coming out. The place I go is up to 4 weeks so plenty of good can be done in that time which makes it so worth any trouble. Hospital, like a short stay unit may do, serves a different purpose here and for me. Until my recent experience, I was pretty sure that I would never go back to hospital again. A couple of days before I went to the break place something happened and I wanted and needed to go in. I tried but didn't say it clearly enough probably. For me, hospital was an option then that would have helped make sure I survived that weekend. When I think about the trouble it may have caused my family had I gone to hospital then, I can see it's not close to the trouble that me not surviving the weekend would have been. Of course, it's all a lot easier said sitting on this side of the experience than it was at the time. I have a feeling you know this though and that you'll do what you need to do to make sure you're safe.

It feels like forever since we've properly caught up. It's made me smile chatting with you tonight ☺
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance