Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Am Not Coping

@Zoe7 hoping your day is going well and you are getting done what you need too.

💜💜

I have done very little today @Snowie Blood tests this morning, paid for Cat's meds, put away some school stuff, hung out the washng (which is now suer wet because we had a downpour this afternoon) and spent the rest of the day on the couch ...still very tired so not moving far for the rest of the day/evening.

How has your day been?

A couch day sounds fine to me @Zoe7 I hope it is restorative for you hun 💜

I had pdoc this morning (by phone) which always seems to tire me out mentally. I think because he asks me hard questions which I find hard to answer. But tried to be honest with him, which is hard to do over the phone. Spent most of the rest of the day on the couch too having snuggles 💜🐶

My pdoc insists on seeing me in person @Snowie because she can then see exactly how I am - I tend to downplay things over the phone Smiley Tongue So I totally get how the in-person thing is better. I think you can be more 'yourself' in person - especially for you I suspect because you don't have to worry about family being around and can talk more openly and freely. Not at all surprised you have spent the day on the couch having snuggles - even a phone appointment can take it out of you Hon.

Rain has set in here pretty consistently so will need to spin all the washing again and then hang it on the clotheshorse - bet it was nearly dry before the rain came but I was too lazy to check lol

I can see my dining room table again - still a couple of things to put away and some more sorting out of school stuff to do but I have room now to do it. Cat is presently sitting in the middle of the table as if she owns the house lol - must be niec for her to be able to sit there again because she is the Queen 😊

I think with the restrictions still in VIC that they are doing it by phone/zoom still. I agree that in person is so much better. You can't really read body language over the phone 😒 

Glad you can see the dining room table again! Cat seems to be in her element 😊

Izzy is currently asleep on my lap. It is a hard life sometimes!!

LOL Izzy runs your house @Snowie Smiley LOL

Gotta head out to the supermarket (bugger) ...be back soon...

I totally agree @Snowie - in person is so much better. We are so much luckier down here than most other places in Aus - very few cases and have had most restrictions lifted for some time. I had one over the phone chat with my pdoc and from there it was all to be face to face. I wasn't too good at the time either so that definitely swayed her. I could probably do phone appointments now but do talk more in person (hate phones lol) - often can't find the words over the phone. 

What is on the agenda for the weekend? I think I will be inside most of it if this rain keeps up. I can't do much more of what I want to do around the house until Wednesday as I need some more glue when I get paid.

Just read on the other thread what you are up to tomorrow so don't need to repeat @Snowie Hope it is a good day for you even though people will be around.

Yes in person is better hon but I guess I have to look at the positive, at least I have an appointment with my psych after not seeing her for so long.

I would much rather go to someone else's house @Zoe7 , that way I can go home when I have had enough. When everyone is at my house, I can't just leave. Will just have to see how I go and take small breaks here and there if I need too. Least I will have prn 😊😒

Have you got much over the weekend hon?

Hard to take breaks when there are people at your house @Snowie so hope you find a little corner to retreat to and regroup when you need to 👍

Nothing really planned but depends on the weather. If it clears up I will sand my bench, if not I will probably do some school stuff - get it underway at least to tackle more next week. I washed my car yesterday so would like to clean the inside too - but that again depends on the weather.

Might head to my parents' house Sunday but will see what needs to be done there first.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance