Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Shaz51
Community Guide

World Bee Day

Did you know Australia is home to an estimated 2,000 different species of native bee?

That's a lot of variety! There are teddy bear bees, carpenter bees, leafcutter bees, stingless bees, blue banded bees and many more, and they are all a vital part of this land's amazing ecosystems.

bee day.jpg

@tyme , @Jynx , @Xibon , @Blackbird11 , @PinkFlamingo , @RiverSeal , @Tilz , @Appleblossom , @Owlunar2 , @Eve7 , @Zoe7 , @Snowie , @Birdofparadise8 , @creative_writer , @Captain24 , @Bow , @Oaktree , @Spirit_Healer , @ArraDreaming , @Historylover , @Jacques , @TAB , @MDT , @Judi9877 , @NatureLover , @Faith-and-Hope , @Anastasia , @outlander , @StuF , @greenpea , @PeppiPatty , @SmilingGecko , @Bill16 , @Meowmy , @Abner , @Healandlove , @Krishna , @Pem , @Tootie , @Sophia1 , @ButterflyWings , @Glisten @Fluttershy1 

Please tag anyone that I have missed 😎

39 REPLIES 39

Re: World Bee Day

Teddy Bear BeeTeddy Bear Bee

a Teddy Bear Bee 

@PizzaMondo @lavenderhaze , @BPDSurvivor , @ShiningStar 

a Carpenter Bee

Carpenter BeeCarpenter Bee

@Shaz51  my son has 5 Stingless/Sugarbag Beehives in his backyard in Brisbane.

North WA is the only area that West Australian’s can keep native beehives.

Blue Banded Bees like blue/purple flowers and like to burrow a nest in the side of river banks.

G

wow @Glisten 

I will have to find a picture 

have you got any photos of them xx

You amaze me @Shaz51 You are a wealth of information!!

Would never have thought that they had a World Bee Day!!

Australia may also have been the first continent on which birdsong was heard. Also it is home to 30,000 species of fly, which are far more prolific pollenators of vegetation than bees are, they just don't pollenate the food we humans eat, but they pollenate everything else life depends on.

Stingless/Sugarbag 

Stingless/SugarbagStingless/Sugarbag

@Snowie , @Abner , @Glisten 

wow @Abner , amazing information , thank you for sharing my friend 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance