Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Am Not Coping

It was very annoying @Eve7 They are nearly $100 a bottle and I just got a new bottle last week. I had to ask my sister for a loan as I am broke until next week. Had stocked up on everything I needed - used all my vouchers and last of my funds at the supermarket yesterday so knew I had everything sorted until next week ...then that happened last night Smiley Sad Cat doesn't need that meds for a couple of days though so can pick them up tomorrow after my sister calls in. Thank goodness for my family at present - keeping me going - especially helping out with Cat 😺💖

Good that you had the maintenance ECT - you have been through so much so if that helps keep you on track then it is a good thing 👍

How much longer do you have the cast on Hon?

Sisters are good for loans @Zoe7 poor cat needing those expensive meds.

I see the surgeon next Tuesday so hopefully cast will be off then and I can drive again.

ECT feels like a step backwards but will be good if it helps with my equilibrium. It’s only once a week so hoping if I return to work soon I can manage the ECT and it doesn’t knock me about too much each time.

Plenty of housework for me to do today so better get moving.

ECT might feel like a step backwards but it is maintaining all the progress you have made and that is a really good thing @Eve7 It might be a bit of a juggle when you do go back to work but your employer has been reaslly supportive so I am sure you will find a way around it if you are knocked around a bit.

Getting your cast off and being able to drive again will be a good day - having that independence back will no doubt help lift your mood as well - it is annoying having to rely on others to help get us around Smiley Sad

Take it easy with the housework Hon - make sure you look after your arm as well. I am going to try to eat something then have a lay down so will catch you later Heart

Hello dear @Zoe7 

Just wanted to send you lots and lots of 💞❤️💖💞

I think you are truly a blessing 😘

Oh @Anastasia What a beautiful message to come onto tonight ...thank you so much Hon 💖

Just for the record - I think each and everyone of us here are a blessing - together we support each other and find our own paths knowing we have amazing people behind us ...and that can only be a blessing 🙏

Yes you are right so many very special people, we are lucky 💗

I just felt compelled to message you as it's been ages. 😘🤗💞

@Zoe7 

I have neglected you a bit lately @Anastasia - but you have been getting wonderful support from others and have been involved in some beautiful conversations so I have left you be ...sometimes stepping back is actually giving support (if that makes sense - did in my head lol) Doesn't change my feelings for you or how much I value you Heart How are you feeling now? Have you made an appointment with you GP?

I feel as though I've neglected you!!

Haha. Not at all hun. I know you're here. We all do what we can when we can and you are just perfect with all that you do. I appreciate you so much @Zoe7 

💞🤗🌷

awww @Anastasia Giving me a big head lol 😁 I have actually missed our chats lately Hon but like I said you have had wonderful support from others and it has been lovely to see those exchanges and how much you have supported each other. I too have been preoccupied with getting things done and taking care of myself also - failing at that last one the last couple of days Smiley Sad but hoping tonight is better and I have more energy tomorrow to finish some things.

Now back to that question - how are you?

Hi @Sans911 How are you Hon?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance